Walk, Don't Ride - Black History Month Touring Show
“Walk, Don’t Ride” by Peter Manos
Walk, Don’t Ride by Peter Manos is a presentation of drama and song depicting events that helped shape American freedom.
Events included are:
- The Montgomery Bus Boycott
- The Nashville Lunch Counter Sit-ins
- The Greyhound/Trailways Freedom Rides
AVAILABLE TO SCHOOLS (Grades 5 and up) and other venues
- February 2 – March 2, 2018
- Fee: First show – $625
- 2nd show, same day, same venue: $500
- Length: 55 minutes
- Allow students to experience a play performed live.
- Teach students about the “Civil Rights Movement”
- Cause students to think about the ramifications of prejudice and discrimination.
- Inspire students to make a positive impact towards equality for all people.
Study Guide provided
Please contact us for scheduling information.
This project is funded under an agreement with the TENNESSEE ARTS COMMISSION through the Arts Builds Communities Grant Program.